Monday, February 5, 2018

Black & White 2


What this mod does:
- Fixes 2D orbs
- Adds a hand cursor toggle on the 'Caps Lock' key. Press this to make the hand cursor screen depth.
- Adds convergence presets on number row keys 1, 2, and 3 .
- Adds an auto-convergence feature whenever your good or evil conscience is on the screen

Known Issue:
- Bloom looks incorrect (can be disabled in the Options menu)

Installation:
1. Ensure that the game runs properly. For help on how to properly install & run the game, see this thread.
2. Using Nvidia Inspector, delete the profile "Black and White 2: Battle of the Gods"
3. Download this ZIP file & extract it into the game directory.
Note: The DLC "Battle of the Gods" has a separate directory from the base game. The fix must also be extracted in the DLC directory if you want to play the DLC (for example: "..\Black & White 2\Black & White 2 Battle of the Gods\.. " )
4. Run the game
5. In the Options -> Video menu, where it says "Detail Level", click "Custom".
6. Set "Blooming" to "Off"

Additional Notes:
- I haven't beaten this game yet. I've only played this game for a couple of hours.
- Keybindings for the above toggle & convergence presets can be changed in the dx9settings.ini file

7 comments:

  1. Thank you very much to have fixed this dear game for me without asking for a donation. Glory is to the meek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh man!!!!
    This(and the first) game brings memories!!!! :DDD

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. geforce forums sux now. My post are invisible on it. I try to say to other division player universal fix works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 4everAwake, I'm gaming B&W2 expansion and loving it with your fix! I also have a few things to report back:

    1. selecting platoon units 1,2,3 keys conflicts with the convergence keys, please fix this.
    2. Can't bloom be fixed?

    and that is all for now! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to thank you again for this fix dear Awake. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Awake, I'd like to know how to get B&W2 expansion to work in 3D? it's not kicking in like before and before I did something in properties of .exe to get it to work but i don't recall what? Also B&W2 doesn't work in 3D. Please help? This is what i tried: I deleted B&2 expansion profile in inspector. I got both B&W 2 and expansion running with admin rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Awake - apparently running in compatibility mode causes 3D not to kick in, so I ran without compatibility and it works now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete